Thursday, March 1, 2012

I can never leave well enough alone!

My most favorite pair of earrings that I have are a pair of hoop earrings that was actually a necklace component from Bead Work Magazine last year.  I wanted to try my hand at making something similar but more blingy. So a few weeks ago I posted a picture of some montee hoop earrings that I have been working on.  I sat down today to write the pattern for them and ended up tweaking the pattern quite a bit.  I loved the new hoop and was going to scrap the idea of the first earrings.  Connie told me not to because she really liked the first pair too. So I guess two patterns will now get written for them. I guess it just depends on what kind of look you are going for. Now that I've made the new pair, i can't stand to even look at the old pair. The new pair I made today has less seed beads on the sides and I used the new Rose Jade bicone from the Thunder Polish company. Its a really pretty milky pink. I pair it with a light amethyst seed bead and it made it look more purple.   Below is a picture of the old version (left) and the new version (right).





3 comments:

purpleleath said...

Hi! I just watched yoour video on easy cross weave ring and it's amazing! I'm definitely going to try it! The video is great and so are you! You make awesome jewelry! I'm glad I found you!

Jeanie said...

I love these earrings Kelly! I hope you can teach us how to make them, please include these in one of your videos. I am a big fan of your teachings and look forward to seeing all the futureones you have listed. Is there any chance you could do a ring with a small cross made with 4 mm bicones? Thank you so much again for sharing with us all your wonderful work.
Your new fan,
Jeanie

Jan S Price said...

These are gorgeous just like all your projects!

Translate