Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Give it up!


While at our local library last week I was browsing through the titles and for some reason this book jumped out at me. For me, it is a fairly short book with less than 200 pages so I figured that I would give it a shot. The book documents one woman's goal to give up one thing each month. She gives up the following:

January - Alcohol
February - Shopping
March - Elevators
April - Newspapers
May - Cell Phones
June - Dining Out
July - Television
August - Taxis
September - Coffee
November - Chocolate
December - Multitasking

I can honestly say that for me the things on her list that I would have the hardest time with would be cell phones, shopping, and coffee. The book really was a good read because she tells you the lessons she learns each month after giving up said object. Most interesting was her Cell Phone month. In our society today I can see how it would be hard for anyone to go without their cell phone for one month. I remember when I was young if you asked me someones telephone number I could tell you without blinking. Now, If someone asked me a number I honestly could not tell you. 

If you had the choice to give up 1 thing for a month that would make an impact on your life what would you give up?



1 comment:

Unknown said...

That's a toughie, but I'm going to check out that book. Thanks for posting this Kelly.
Hugs,
Betsy

Translate