Thursday, March 21, 2013

Bead Along Questions

Yea I'm so excited! 34 people have already signed up for the beadalong!  I have had a few people ask some questions so here are the answers:

1. The book is back ordered or doesn't come into the UK until April. Can I still participate?
YES!  When your book arrives simply jump in. You don't have to catch up if you don't want to. Just jump in to the current project.

2. Do we have to use the same exact colors as in the book?
NO...and honestly I would rather you not. The whole point of the bead along is to learn a new technique and see what other color combos people do. It would be super boring if we all did the same thing.

3. Can we see the projects before we commit to the beadalong?
SURE! If the book is in stock where you live simply head to your local book store and have a look at the book. I can't post pictures or patterns because of copy right issues but if you can get a hold of a book then you have your answer. Sometimes amazon will give you a sneak peek into the book also.

I got so tickled because someone posted that I had found another way to make money off of them and was acting kind of testy about it. I think it's hilarious because I'm just promoting a great book and trying to find a way for beaders all over the world to bead the same project at the same time. I don't make any money off anyone unless you buy the book or supplies from me. I don't get a kickback in anyway from the publisher or designer. I simply just enjoy doing the beadalongs. You don't have to buy anything from me unless you want to support my business. For those who do buy from me please know how much Sammy and myself appreciate it. 

I look forward to seeing every one's first project. Some people's books haven't arrived yet and wanted to know materials for the first project.  So here goes:
1 (6mm) round pearl
1 (4mm) round pearl
4 Grams size 6 Seed Bead
12 Grams size 11 Seed Beads

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Just wanted to say that its like i know you. You spend quite a lot of time in my house through your videos. And even though your Facebook page insists on telling me I'm 657 miles away, one of these days I'll come to your store. My book will be here tomorrow, can't wait to see the first project.

vovsblog said...

I was hoping to start late as Im in Ireland I cant get the book for a month thank you!

Unknown said...

I started beading after watching a few of your videos. I did the first bead along but I did not complete all of the projects. I got my Metallic Seed Bead book yesterday and I think this is going to be so much fun. I also got Mastering Beadwork by Carol Huber Cypher because you used her book in a few of your videos. Thanks Kelly!

Sheri said...

I plan on using 3mm Swarovski pearls instead of the 6o beads.

Kelly Dale said...

Good Idea Sheri!

Anonymous said...

I'm in the UK but just bought the book from Amazon

Unknown said...

Hi!

I have a question. What is the name of the bicone 6mm? I'd like beadig Dazzling Dome Ring :) The colors what you use on youtube very beautiful.

Thanks!
Daniella from Hungary

Sharen said...

Hi Kelly, I've ordered Metallic Seed Bead Book and also have the Mastering Beadwork. I would love to see more videos from that book. Your videos are the greatest.
Thanks for all the work you put into them.
Your biggest fan,
Sharen Matye in California

Handmade Beading said...

Hello Kelly, and Fellow Beaders!
First of all, Lynette, I could not have said that better myself. I would never have started beading if it was not for Kelly and her FREE tutorials.
I am not sure who the person said that you were just doing this to make money, but does she know how much time and energy you have put into making all of us learn?
I know that when I first started, I suggested that you DO charge for videos, only because when I was stuck on something, frustrated because I couldn't get the hang of the stitch, I could call you, and not once did you tell me you were too busy to help me. You never once said, buy my video, and it the answer is there. NO, you talked me through. You have been more then just a face and voice teaching me to bead. You have actually become someone I want to know!
Thank you for everything Kelly.
Dianne
PS, what page is the first project you are planning on in the new book?

robinpete said...

I just ordered my book. It should arrive next week. I have learned so much from you and am looking forward to the beadalong.

gma03 said...

I am jumping in late but I am going to try :) I have been beading for years and years but just got into seed beading about 2 years ago, and fell in love. I am from Pennsylvania, work full/time as a Judicial Admin Asst, and babysit my 17mo. old granddaughter part/time. I squeeze beading in where ever I can.

Translate