Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Working on kits

Every year for Christmas one of the things I ask for from my in laws is a new beading kit. I scour the Internet looking for projects that look interesting and send the links to Patty. She then surprises me on Christmas morning with a bright shiny new kit to work on. Last year she got me several and there is one that I had yet to tackle until tonight.



I was immediately drawn to this kit because of the beaded beads. Anyone who knows me knows that I love beaded beads. I do believe though that I have finally met a beaded bead that I can live the rest of my life and feel fine if I never make one again.







This beaded bead is simple in concept. Basically it's a base beaded bead that you then embellish. The thing I don't like about it is the fact that you have to use illusion cord and by the time you get to the end you can hardly get your thread through the beads. The illusion cord makes the bead super stiff but boy is that stuff a pickle to work with after its been wrapped around a little disc for over a year :(

Just because I HATE this beaded bead it won't stop me from finishing the necklace. As the old saying goes "take one step at a time" but in my case I'm going to take it one bead at a time. I think I still have 3 or 4 more beaded beads to make and they are different so maybe it won't be so bad. I'm going to have to go and bury my poor big eye needle tomorrow though. I started using it about halfway through so that I could get the thread through and let's just say that it has now seen its better days!

If your interested in the kit or pattern you can check out her website or etsy store that is one the first picture.

Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Translate