Monday, April 9, 2012

Normal

I feel like for the first time in over a week life has gotten back to normal.  The last week of March Sammy and I went to the beach for a few days off before our busy summer months.  It was so nice and restful!  It was great just to get away for a few days and work on some things that I wanted to make for myself.  We came home and I had my braces put on Tuesday.  It feels like it has been down hill ever since.  My teeth have hurt so badly this week!  I now feel for anyone who has ever worn or will ever wear braces because they are not fun!  I hope that after 2 years I will be able to look back and say that it was all worth it but right now I'm not so sure.  After almost a week I'm still on soft foods and am going to have to figure out something else to eat before I get sick of mashed potatoes and macaroni and cheese!

Today was the first day though that I felt like I was back in a normal schedule. Got up and did my normal routine and got the video made for this week so I'm hoping things will only go up from here.


Have you seen the April 2012 issue of InStyle Magazine Yet? I normally don't get InStyle but I was in the checkout the other day while at the beach and It caught my eye because it said that it was the "Color" issue.  It defiantly is a color issue!  Everything is beautiful bold bright colors!  The one thing that I was psyched about though it the fact that they have these great "cheat" cards in them  that tell you what colors look good with one base color. For example, the first color card you come to shows you what colors to wear with Neutral Gray. This not only applies to clothes but I thought that it was great for beading too!  There are about 5 or 6 color cards in the book but the book is busting with color inspiration.  Great jewelry to look at too!  If you haven't gotten the issue yet then be sure and pick one up because it has a lot of really neat stuff in it.

Earlier today I worked on the video for this week.  For this week's technique I will be teaching how to do Russian Spiral Stitch.  It is one of those basic techniques that all beaders need to know.  Sammy will have it on the site by late tomorrow so be sure and check it out at www.youtube.com/user/offthebeadedpath

No comments:

Translate