Tuesday, July 7, 2009

New Merchandise


We have been busy this week packaging up 270 new colors and sizes of Aluminum Jump Rings and Rubber O rings. While I was at the Bead and Button show I had the privilage of meeting Susan Thomas who is the author of a great book called Link It! Link it has chainmaile projects that are made with aluminum jump rings and the o rings. Some of these projects are absolutely amazing! It is so neat how such different projects can be put together to make such a neat piece. I sat down Friday night and made one of the bracelets in the book in less than one hour! It was so much fun working with a completely new product.

I think sometimes we get ourselves in a horrible rut in our beading. If we don't look for ways to expand our beading knowledge then we will soon get sick of it and quite doing such a fun hobby. This is my problem right now. I am so sick of doing seed bead projects that it is hard for me to even make myself sit down and make anything. I have kicked myself in the rearend though and am now working on some wire working projects. Now all I want to do is sit down and bang on wire. It has been a great stress reliever because I can sit and bang and bang on the wire and the worst thing that can happen is I can break the wire. You should try it if you are stressed to the max because it really does work!
If you have never worked with jump rings or chainmaile before DO NOT BE INTIMATED by them. Susan makes everything super easy!

No comments:

Translate